Legal Notice – Initial Scoping Schedule – March 2016
Public open house meetings will be held as follows. Each meeting will take place from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.; a presentation will take place at 5:30, followed by a brief question and answer period:
- March 31, 2016, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. Queen Valley Recreation Hall, 1478 East Queen Valley Drive, Queen Valley, Arizona.
- April 4, 2016, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. Superior High School, Multi-purpose room, 100 Mary Drive, Superior, Arizona.
- April 5, 2016, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. Elks Lodge, 1775 East Maple Street, Globe, Arizona.
- April 6, 2016, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. Southwest Regional Library, 775 North Greenfield Road, Gilbert, Arizona.
EIS Status - Feb 2019
- Public scoping period and scoping meetings
[5 meetings between Mar-Jun 2016; comment period extended from 60 days to 120 days, closed Jul 18, 2016 ]
- Compile and review existing data
- Prepare project description and identify project alternatives
We Are HereValidate Baseline Information; analyze environmental effects
Prepare Draft EIS
- Federal Register Notice of Availability of Draft EIS
- 45-day public review and comment period, with public meetings
- Respond to public comments and prepare Final EIS
- Federal Register Notice of Availability of Final EIS and Draft ROD
- 45-day Public Objection Period
- Resolve objections to Final EIS and draft ROD
- Issue Final Record of Decision