Situated along the Gila-Pinal Scenic Route, this campground is located in the rolling hills near Devil’s Canyon. Large oak shade trees. The surrounding area is known for its numerous bouldering opportunities.
USDA Forest Service. Tonto National Forest. 2014. Tonto National Forest. Oak Flat. Available at: http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/tonto/ recreation/camping-cabins/recarea/?recid=35345&actid=29. Accessed August 27, 2014.
EIS Status - Feb 2019
- Public scoping period and scoping meetings
[5 meetings between Mar-Jun 2016; comment period extended from 60 days to 120 days, closed Jul 18, 2016 ]
- Compile and review existing data
- Prepare project description and identify project alternatives
We Are HereValidate Baseline Information; analyze environmental effects
Prepare Draft EIS
- Federal Register Notice of Availability of Draft EIS
- 45-day public review and comment period, with public meetings
- Respond to public comments and prepare Final EIS
- Federal Register Notice of Availability of Final EIS and Draft ROD
- 45-day Public Objection Period
- Resolve objections to Final EIS and draft ROD
- Issue Final Record of Decision