PHOENIX, October 4, 2019 — For Immediate Release.
The Forest Service will host its remaining two public meetings as it continues to collect comments on analysis and findings detailed in the Tonto’s Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) for the Resolution Copper Project and Land Exchange.
Public meeting dates and locations are:
October 8, 2019, 5 to 8:30 p.m.
Queen Valley Community Center
1464 E Queen Valley Drive, Queen Valley, AZ
October 10, 2019, 5 to 8:30 p.m.
Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites
1651 W Baseline Road, Tempe, AZ
Maps and other materials will be available and forest staff will be on hand to answer questions. The meeting agenda is:
- 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. – Sign-in and open house, where visitors can walk around and view information posters and discuss areas of interest with subject matter experts
- 6:00 to 6:30 p.m. – Forest Service presentation
- 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. – Public hearing portion, where attendees who signed up upon entering the facility are randomly selected to share oral comments about the DEIS
The Forest Service wants to remind residents in the Globe and Miami, Arizona, areas who plan to attend a meeting that the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) are replacing the Pinto Creek Bridge. The bridge is located on US 60 about six miles west of Miami, Arizona. Motorists should expect possible delays and intermittent lane closures. For more information, visit ADOT online at: https://azdot.gov/...
While these October sessions mark the remaining public meetings on the Forest Service’s schedule, interested parties can continue to submit comments by:
- Filling out the web form located on the project website under the 'EIS Info’ tab
- Submitting written comments via postal mail to:
Resolution EIS Comments
PO Box 34468
Phoenix, AZ 85067-4468
Note that written comments and statements must be postmarked no later than November 7, 2019, which marks the end of the 90-day comment period The DEIS, supporting documents, web form and instructions on how to comment, and additional information are available on the project website at: http://www.resolutionmineeis.us/.
The Resolution Copper project is a proposed underground copper mine near the town of Superior, Arizona. The DEIS describes effects from Resolution Copper Mining’s general plan of operations, and offers five potential alternatives developed considering feedback from the 2016 scoping period.