Pilot Plant Test Work
Rio Tinto is evaluating the Resolution Copper deposit located in Arizona. The main interest for this project is copper, with a secondary value in molybdenum. The principle objectives of this project were to:
- Construct a composite and assess the chemical and mineralogical characteristics of the sample.
- Conduct limited metallurgical laboratory test work to confirm the performance for two flowsheets, namely a bulk circuit and selective circuit.
- Prepare pilot plant feed material, and operate a pilot plant to evaluate continuous metallurgical performance of both flowsheets.
- Produce pilot plant bulk concentrates for subsequent copper-molybdenum separation testing.
- Produce pilot plant flotation products for testing by other vendors.
- Produce pilot plant products for environmental testing.
ALS (2014) Pilot Plant Test Work, Resolution Copper Project, Rio Tinto. Report KM4420, December 19, 2014.
The Forest Service will host its remaining two public meetings in Queen Valley on October 8 and in Tempe on October 10.
Video & Materials
A video presentation – the same information introduced at each public meeting – as well as meeting materials (posters and newsletter) are available for public review.
Draft EIS Released
The Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) for the Resolution Copper Project and Land Exchange is now available for review under the 'EIS Info' tab.
Comment on DEIS
Optional ways to comment on the Draft EIS are located under the 'EIS Info' and the 'Public Involvement' tabs.