Pilot Plant Test Work
Rio Tinto is evaluating the Resolution Copper deposit located in Arizona. The main interest for this project is copper, with a secondary value in molybdenum. The principle objectives of this project were to:
- Construct a composite and assess the chemical and mineralogical characteristics of the sample.
- Conduct limited metallurgical laboratory test work to confirm the performance for two flowsheets, namely a bulk circuit and selective circuit.
- Prepare pilot plant feed material, and operate a pilot plant to evaluate continuous metallurgical performance of both flowsheets.
- Produce pilot plant bulk concentrates for subsequent copper-molybdenum separation testing.
- Produce pilot plant flotation products for testing by other vendors.
- Produce pilot plant products for environmental testing.
ALS (2014) Pilot Plant Test Work, Resolution Copper Project, Rio Tinto. Report KM4420, December 19, 2014.
EIS Timeline - Feb 2019
- Public scoping period and scoping meetings
[5 meetings between Mar-Jun 2016; comment period extended from 60 days to 120 days, closed Jul 18, 2016 ]
- Compile and review existing data
- Prepare project description and identify project alternatives
We Are HereValidate Baseline Information; analyze environmental effects
Prepare Draft EIS
- Federal Register Notice of Availability of Draft EIS
- 90-day public review and comment period, with public meetings
- Respond to public comments and prepare Final EIS
- Federal Register Notice of Availability of Final EIS and Draft ROD
- 45-day Public Objection Period
- Resolve objections to Final EIS and draft ROD
- Issue Final Record of Decision