Pilot Plant Test Work
Rio Tinto is evaluating the Resolution Copper deposit located in Arizona. The main interest for this project is copper, with a secondary value in molybdenum. The principle objectives of this project were to:
- Construct a composite and assess the chemical and mineralogical characteristics of the sample.
- Conduct limited metallurgical laboratory test work to confirm the performance for two flowsheets, namely a bulk circuit and selective circuit.
- Prepare pilot plant feed material, and operate a pilot plant to evaluate continuous metallurgical performance of both flowsheets.
- Produce pilot plant bulk concentrates for subsequent copper-molybdenum separation testing.
- Produce pilot plant flotation products for testing by other vendors.
- Produce pilot plant products for environmental testing.
ALS (2014) Pilot Plant Test Work, Resolution Copper Project, Rio Tinto. Report KM4420, December 19, 2014.
Email Address Created for Land Exchange Questions
The Southwestern Region Office of Lands and Minerals Management is overseeing and administering the land exchange and appraisal process which includes the 2,422-acre Oak Flat Federal Parcel. All questions about the land exchange and appraisal process should be emailed to SM.FS.firstname.lastname@example.org
Programmatic Agreement Info
To comply with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act, the Tonto National Forest developed a Programmatic Agreement (PA) and included it in Volume 5, Appendix O of the final EIS. The PA was created in cooperation with the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation, the State Historic Preservation Office, tribes and other consulting parties. The PA contains an agreed upon process for identifying, evaluating and addressing adverse effects to historic properties associated with this undertaking.
To review Volume 5 and the PA, Download Vol 5 PDF, 27 MB.