Alternative Mining Methods, Resolution Copper Mining, LLC, Superior, AZ
November 1, 2017
The scope of the review for this memorandum included:
- a comprehensive review and classification of underground stoping methods which may be applicable as an alternative to block caving;
- a review of literature to estimate an Operating Cost per ton (or per tonne) for the more feasible alternatives to block caving;
- a review of other pertinent block caving operations world-wide;
- a meeting with RCM personnel (Mses. Vicky Peacy and Kim Heuther, and Mr. Bill Hart) on 3/23/17 to discuss information needs to complete this assessment;
- develop an estimate, based on limited information provided by RCM, of the total tons of potentially mineable material above a cut-off grade of 2% which lies at or above the -2,500 ft level;
- project the tons vs cut-off grade (COG) line to other COGs to estimate the tons available if the COG were to rise due to utilizing a more expensive alternative mining method; and
- discuss possible realistic alternative mining methods which may be utilized instead of block caving.
Kliche, C.A. 2017. Alternative Mining Methods, Resolution Copper Mining, LLC, Superior, AZ. Technical memorandum. Phoenix, Arizona: SWCA Environmental Consultants. November 1.